Organizational Behavior and Individual Characteristics. When you have completed your exam and reviewed your answers, click Submit Exam. Answers will not be recorded until youhit Submit Exam. If you need to exit before completing the exam, click Cancel Exam.
Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a pagebreak, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. _______ refers to companies going beyond their bottom line and economic interests to engage inactivities that promote social well-being and environmental sustainability.
A. Organizational behavior
D. Corporate social responsibility
2. Which of the following is not typically considered among the levels of analysis in the field oforganizational behavior?
A. Medium-sized groups
B. Large groups
C. Small groups
3. Lisa’s ability to recognize her moods, emotions, drives, and their effect on others represents a highdegree of
B. social awareness.
C. cognitive skill.
4. Personal integrity, cultural mindset, and global sustainability are all key elements of
A. the ethical environment.
B. liquid modernity.
C. transactional values.
D. diversity awareness.
5. An important step in developing self-awareness is _______, through which we develop a personalnarrative about who we are, what we value, what we stand for, and what our personal mission is.
A. decision making
D. learning from experience
6. According to a 2013 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, women make up 47 percent of theworkforce, but only _______ percent hold leadership positions.
7. According to the MBTI, _______ tend to be pragmatic, independent, and even-tempered.
8. A leader’s role in shaping organizational culture involves several functions, including
A. maintaining hierarchy, making impersonal decisions, and preserving top-down structure.
B. identifying problems, taking corrective actions, staying up-to-date on activities.
C. role modeling, hiring decisions, and strategy and structure.
D. setting objectives, organizing tasks, and developing employees.
9. Which of Hofstede’s cultural dimensions describes the extent to which assertiveness and independencefrom others is valued?
A. Uncertainty avoidance
B. Power distance
10. While studying the Big Five dimensions of personality, Liza discovers that _______ is most stronglycorrelated with job performance.
B. emotional stability
11. While examining the cultural dimensions of the GLOBE model, Alicia learns that countries with a high_______ value fairness, kindness, generosity, and caring.
A. humane orientation
B. gender egalitarianism
C. power distance
D. in-group collectivism